Saturday 7 September 2013

At the clinic

So it was time to do some mentorship and I decided to do it at Dr. Fuscaldo's clinic in LA. He greeted and talked to me with an enthusiastic aura. He was working with patients; I honestly felt as if I was in the way, but to my surprise, he let me talk to the patients and observe what he and his assistants do. His assistants showed me some machines, procedures, and teven the paperwork they had to fill out. He did a Pap Smear, but he didn't let me go in. (Thank god, right?)

Centrifuge used to separate the blood cells from the water in the vacutainers

Never in my life have I ever thought to take a picture of urine. That changed today.

Imagine this exactly used like pH
indicator paper we use to determine acids
vs bases. Except instead of acids and bases,
the type of problems within urine.


Hypodermic needles and vacutainers.
These particular vacutainers are called
"Tiger Top Vacutainers" as they contain
a coagulant which separates the blood
cells from the water when used in a centrifuge.

Dr. Fuscaldo and me

No comments:

Post a Comment

* If you are not signed in, please leave your name or blog link. Anonymous comments without a "–[name]" will be taken out by the spam filter!

* Please be polite, no foul language!