Monday 14 October 2013

Blog 8: Research and Working EQ



What is your working EQ?

What is the most effective way to treat a patient with rabies as an internist?


What is a possible answer to your working EQ? 

What is the most effective way to treat a patient with rabies as an internist?
  • Understanding the chief complaint to be able to start diagnosing the patient. You need knowledge of the disease before you can start treating the patient.
  • Knowing the patient's medical/[social] history. Knowing the medical and social history of the patient is important because in order to effectively treat a patient, you must know everything about them concerning their health.
  • Do a physical exam. [Any exam/test, really] These tests can help you diagnose the patient as well as lead you to a treatment.

What is the most important source you have used that has helped you come up with an answer to your working EQ?

My summer mentorship at the UCI Medical Centre helped me come up with answers to my EQ. There, I learned the procedures doctors must take to effectively and efficiently treat a patient. 


Who is your mentor, or where are you volunteering, and how does what you are doing relate to your working EQ?

Dr. Francisco B. Fuscaldo is my mentor. I'd usually go to his office in LA for mentorship, but sometimes he visits my mum's office since he's my mum's client.

He is an internist and I'm interested on how he could help me answer my EQ. While I won't be able to fully interact with the patients, I'm able to observe.

2 comments:

* If you are not signed in, please leave your name or blog link. Anonymous comments without a "–[name]" will be taken out by the spam filter!

* Please be polite, no foul language!