Sunday 20 April 2014

Blog 19: Independent Component 2



Literal



  1. I, Alfonso Esquivel, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work
  2. My mentor, Dr. Francisco Fuscaldo, equipment technicians, and nurses helped me complete Independent Component 1.
  3. Independent Component Log 2
    Total Mentorship Log
  4. I learned much more about the heart than I ever did before. I have a more complete understanding of the different parts of the heart and not an elementary memory of the parts of it. I've come to understand that the body is far more complex than I could ever imagine. How the lungs effect the heart, how the lumen determines blood pressure; the importance of Systole and Diastole. I reused an ultrasound machine and looked at someone's heart and how they beat. You're even able to see individual vessels!

Interpretive


Pulmonary Exam
Cardiovascular Exam



Outside the American Red Cross in Irvine

Helping out with the CPR session


Applied
  1. I learned a lot during Independent Component 2. I learned about the importance of keeping up to date with research. It's mind-boggling how fast research is being done and what's coming out of it. I'll put it into reference with the Pacemaker. It took over half a century to come up with an incredibly efficient and useable Pacemaker, but this was happening all in different parts of the world. It was an incredible breakthrough and its effects were phenomenal. I've been trained in CPR for less than a year, but when I helped with the training, I also got to talk to the trainer who was a former Paramedic. Fast pace and fast thinking were needed to do his job. I understood the fragility of the human body. I want to improve my research as soon as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

* If you are not signed in, please leave your name or blog link. Anonymous comments without a "–[name]" will be taken out by the spam filter!

* Please be polite, no foul language!