Friday 9 May 2014

Blog 21: Mentorship



Literal
Mentorship Log

Dr. Francisco B. Fuscaldo, MD.
North Broadway Medical Clinic and AEON Medical Equipment & Supplies, Inc.

Interpretive
What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?

I think the most significant thing I gained from this mentorship experiences was the realisation that information is incredible. It's the common phrase that knowledge is the key, but numerous times I've seen my mentor, nurses (and even fictional characters) use the knowledge that they're acquired over the years into application. But it isn't just coming straight from the book. Their experiences have shaped them into the professionals they are today. That is who I strive to be. I've got to start somewhere and experience isn't easy to come by, so I'll start by getting as much knowledge as I can and working harder than I ever have before.


Applied
How has what you've done helped you to answer your EQ? Please explain.

Some of the equipment I saw (and used) were scalpels and sutures for closing up wounds. The technique for the knot isn't that effective when we're going micro and zooming in on the artery, but the idea is clear: stitch up the arteries that you graft during Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery. There have been a lot of models regarding how balloon angioplasty works–and research for the iSearch Finding 2 (angioplasty) was brilliant. I learned the history of how angioplasty was developed and the hardships that came with it. As for the first answer, I think it was a reality check when i went to urgent care for angina (chest pain). Thankfully it wasn't heart related (I was just overreacting)–It was a skeletomuscular issue. But what made me eventually make it my answer–and best answer was something my mentor once said. "The one thing you have throughout your life is your body." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

* If you are not signed in, please leave your name or blog link. Anonymous comments without a "–[name]" will be taken out by the spam filter!

* Please be polite, no foul language!